[vdr] Re: help adding another card

"Rienecker, Fa. Evenio, ITS P, M" wrote:

> > cards 2 and 3 can
> > >
> > > The new-look channels.conf will allow you to do so, because
> > you define capabillities of each card seperately.
> > >
> > > @Klaus
> > > May you need an additional entry in the ca.conf for 'cannot
> > receive anything' to characterize the primary (DVB-S) card.
> > >
> > > CU,
> > > Christian.
> >
> > What would that be good for? If you want to avoid the primary card when
> recording,
> > just set the "Primary limit" to a high value (99 will prevent any timer
> from ever
> > using the primary card).
>
> There are 3 cards.
> The primary cannot receive anything (because there's no dish).
> Recordings are made with either the 2nd or 3rd card. Live viewing via
> transfer mode.
> How do you configure VDR's ca parameters in the channels.conf that it knows
> that the primary card cannot receive anything ?
> You might be able to tweak it by saying card 1 can only receive PW (ca=101)
> and card 2 and 3 can only receive FTA (ca=0)).
> That's where I thought about introducing a ca parameter identifying a card
> that is capable of replay only.

I guess this scenario is a little too "special" to justify extra Ca values.

However, you should be able to achieve what you want by adding the following two
lines to dvbapi.c:

 int cDvbApi::ProvidesCa(int Ca)
 {
+  if (this == PrimaryDvbApi)
+     return 0; // in this system the primary card can't receive anything
   if (Ca == CardIndex() + 1)
      return 1; // exactly _this_ card was requested
   if (Ca && Ca <= MAXDVBAPI)
      return 0; // a specific card was requested, but not _this_ one

Haven't tested this, but I guess it should work as expected.

Klaus