[vdr] Re: VDR config files in /etc/vdr?

On Sat, 23 Mar 2002 17:39:04 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger
<Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de> wrote:

> I'm in the process of finalizing VDR for the big release 1.0.0 and was
> wondering if it would be a good idea to have the config files in /etc/vdr
> by default.
>
> The thing to consider here is that some of these files are written to while
> VDR is running, so this may not be something one wants to have in /etc.
>
> Any opinions on this?

You should at least keep the -c Option for flexibility. I have parts of
the config files in the NFS shared video directory (timers.conf,
epg.data) and part is local (channels.conf, commands.conf, setup.conf).
I handle this by symbolic links.

BTW, the access to timers.conf should be made save for parallel access
through multiple NFS clients.
Another interesting feature in a setup with multiple NFS clients would
be to have the possibility to program local and remote timers through
the normal OSD. It may be possible to implement this by allowing timer
programming either into a local timers.conf or by specifying a servers
ip address to program through the admin port.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index