[vdr] Re: Still distortions on ZDF

Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  24.03.02 11:11

Once upon a time Klaus Schmidinger shaped the electrons to say...

>Rainer Zocholl wrote:
>>
>> Klaus.Schmidinger@cadsoft.de(Klaus Schmidinger)  23.03.02 20:38
>>
>> Once upon a time Klaus Schmidinger shaped the electrons to say...
>>
>>>I'm still observing occasional distortions on the live signal
>>>of the ZDF (ZDF:11954:h:0:27500:110:120:130:0:28006).
>>>A few days ago I thought this could be because of heavy rain fall,
>>>but right now it is happening again, and there is not a single drop
>>>of rain falling right now (back then when it rained heavily the
>>>distortions were a lot harder, though, so there might be something
>>>wrong with signal strength).
>>

>No, RTL is also 'h':

Jepp, sorry.

>RTL:12188:h:0:27500:163:104:105:0:12003
>Sat.1:12480:v:0:27500:1791:1792:34:0:46

>- there were the above mentioned distortions on ZDF during "Wetten,
>dass?" - at the same time there were also distortions on 3sat (I was
>able to see   those simultaneously by inserting the output of my
>second DVB card into   my tv set's "picture in picture" box)

Have a look at some radar rain images (weather forecast, wetter.de?)
to proof if at this time rain clouds were in the south of your position.

>- a recording taken on BR-alpha during the same period of time showed
>no   problems at all

br-a:118836

>- there were absolutely no problems with RTL or Sat.1

>- ZDF and 3sat are on the same transponder (11954, H)

Transponder becoming weak?
ZDF did pay the power bill? ;-)

>- all of the mentioned channels are on transponders in the "high" band

>Since I have a "quattro" LNB it has four connectors for Hi/V, Hi/H,
>Lo/V and Lo/H. If one of the cables had become wet, that would have to
>be the one connected to Hi/H (high band, horizontal).

Jepp.

>But the fact that BR-alpha as well as RTL have no problems would
>indicate that the Hi/H connection is ok.

>The only possible explanation would be that the 11954/H transponder is
>broadcasting with considerably lower power than other transponders.

>This, in addition to a possible problem with my cable(s) having gotten
>wet, or the heavy rain fall last wednesday, could result in the
>observed situation.

>So, to bring this to an end: is there somebody out there with a box
>that has an "s-meter" to display the signal strength of the various
>transponders?

Don't the DVB board have such a thing?
(Not exact, but to estimate a relative strength?)

>If so, could you please check whether the transponder
>that contains ZDF and 3sat really has lower power than the one
>containing RTL or Sat.1 (note that RTL and Sat.1 are on two different
>transponders)?

Asking ZDF-sat-team themselfs?

>Thanks to all who took the time to follow this thread.
>I hope I didn't annoy anybody with this...

No. This problem could happen to everybody
and the way to find the source maybe not so obvious to everybody.
Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //

Home | Main Index | Thread Index