[vdr] Re: Vdr Patch to display progress bars

Matthias Hilbig wrote:

> Hi
> I programmed  a little patch for vdr to show progress bars next to the
> epg infos in the "whats on" menu.
>
> Our former decoder had such a feature, I always thought it was very
> practical...

I agree, this is very practical.
It tells you very quickly how much of the particular
broadcast is left.

Unfortunately, it takes away from the space for the title.

Have you tried to implement a longer but thinner progress bar
right UNDER the title? Like an underline.
I wonder how that looks.

Even better than progress bars altogether would be a table
layout that puts time on the X axis, like this:

     20:00    20:30    21:00    21:30    22:00   22:30
ARD  Tagess Film of the evening  Something else
VOX  This broadcast          That boadcast

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index