[vdr] Re: protecting channels and recordings with password

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] Re: protecting channels and recordings with password (28-Mrz-2002 11:20)
From:    no-return@gmx.net
To:      vdr@linuxtv.org

> Am Donnerstag den, 28. März 2002, um 10:46, schrieb Klaus Schmidinger:
>
> > If you enter your PIN once and VDR stores that information, anybody
> > could access that item after that. I'd say if there is a PIN, it has to
> > be entered EVERY TIME you access a particular operation.
>
> How about a timeout of e.g. 60-120 seconds? If a user wants access to
> an protected area the pin will be asked (once), after that the user
> has access to all protected area's. If the user does nothing for
> the timeout value the pin will be erased.

I think that's the best compromise between the solution
i like and the solution klaus is prefering.

Idea: If vdr is reading 'pin.vdr' (or whatever the file will be called)
every time a pin is needed it's easy to implement my favourite
solution too. I could just rename/change the pin-file with a command
or even make it active only on definite times (via script).

...Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index