[vdr] Re: a little suggestion for OSD/LCD and commands.conf

apieper@gmx.net wrote:

> > > Up to now my commands-menu looked like shown above.
> > > With the 1.0.0pre4 it looks like this:
> > >
> > > 1 1  Restplatz vdr.00
> > > 2 2  DVBs-Status
> > > 3 3  CPU-Status
> > > 4 4  rotate DVD
> > > 5 5  DVD Info
> > > 6 7  Mount  Musik
> > > 7 8  Mount  Reise
> > > 8 9  Mount  DVD
> > > 9 10 Mount  vdr_all
> > > 11 Umount Allgemein
> > >
> > > Of course this works too, but for example i expect
> > > 'Mount  Reise' on key 8 (i can tap that 'blind').
> > >
> > > I think to make this configurable would be the best.
> > >
> > > ...Andreas
> >
> > Why don't you simply insert the menu item into your command.conf
> > already (as the sixth line) and make it execute "echo To be implemented..."
> > or something like that?
>
> You are right, i could do that.
>
> I only thought that if it is easy for you to make that
> configurable it would be nice. If it is much work i am
> sure you have many other things to be done.

What I could think of would be that the cOsdMenu::hk() function
could check if the very first menu item starts with a digit, followed
by a blank. In that case it could completely disable the automatic
hotkey assignment and leave it to the actual menu contents.
Would that be something?
I'm reluctant to add another config option for this tiny little detail - one
day we'll drown in setup options...

Klaus