[vdr] Re: EPG-Info length

On 29 Mar 2002 12:45:00 +0200, Usenet-372203@zocki.toppoint.de (Rainer
Zocholl) wrote:

> As i wrote:
> i often had not timer programmed yet.
>
> Sometimes i watch a program and find at the end of
> transmission: "Great, let's record the next episode"...but how?
> Did you ever try to enter a name in the timer with RC?
> You do it exactly twice: The first and the last time.
> It's a horror.

For this are all the little tools like epg2timers or master timer. I
agree, they depend on internet access or cannot be setup through the RC
and that is not comfortable or not possible in some of our setups.
What you would like is something like TiVo where you can mark
transmissions you like just with a press of a button and it
automatically does the appropriate recordings in the future. You can
certainly build a database with all transmissons that were ever done and
you can search through all and mark the ones you like.
What do you really know that such a transmission will show up again?
And are the patterns selected the right ones?

> But it would be easy "one click" and no overhead if i could scroll
> back in EPG infos.

Yes, if you know the transmission will appear again with the same EPG
info. I have often seen that the EPG infor for the first transmission is
exhaustive, but for the repeated ones it was truncated. It is no easy
task to find the right pattern.

> Why cache so long back?
> I often find some interessting transmission announced for
> the afternoon. But then i have to work, so no chance to setup the
> timer. OK, i could make an unpayed holiday, telling my boss:
> "I have to programm my videorecorder" ;-))

For this I use www.tvtv.de :)

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index