[vdr] Re: (1+n) dvb-s card

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002 16:22:50 +0200, Axel Gruber <axelgruber3@gmx.de>
wrote:

> > 1) When I want to use a second dvb-s card, _may_ I or _do I have to_ use a
> > low budget card?
> Yes - but think about that you must connect the CI to the "last" card in your
> system (not to the Primary-CArd) - so in your case you sould buy a
> "full DVB-S" card to connect a CI-Interface on it in future !

It is not a must to connect the CI to the last card, it is only
recommended in order to keep it free from unencrypted recordings as long
as possible. This is because the search for a free card starts at the
lowest secondary card number. If you would connect the CI to the first
secondary card then it would be occupied by the first recording you
start, even it is a free channel. Then when you start a recording of a
encrpted channel no free card would be found and the recording fails.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index