[vdr] Controlling vdr via ssh (maybe a bit OT)

Hello,
after putting all parts together
and installing a new dish on the roof i managed to get vdr running.
If i am working on the vdr i use terminal #8 to control the vdr program.
But now i'd like to control vdr from an other pc using ssh.
I got a connection to the vdr-machine, but how to log in on terminal #8?
I used the example line from Klaus to set terminal #8 for vdr-control.
If i change the line to terminal = 1 it doesn't work, too. :-(
As i don't have too much linux experience i would thank you for giving me a
hint!

btw:
Thanks a lot to all the programmers of and around the vdr projekt!
I am very excited.

Mit freundlichem Gruß / kind regards
Harry R. Benkesch
SiemensVDO Automotive AG