[vdr] Re: Question/Suggestion regarding vdr's collcted epg data

Hello Dave,

* Dave Chapman <dave@dchapman.com> [13-02-02 10:08]:
> Is a fully-featured database necessary to store the EPG information in?
> Would DBM files be sufficient?
>
> I agree that storing the EPG in some sort of database would be a very useful
> feature, but I don't think that users should have to install yet another
> package to use VDR.  (G)DBM support is pretty standard on Linux installations.

I wrote a little scripts for me about one year ago.
The scripts take the epg-infos from the file in /video0 and store all
epg infos in a mysql-db.

I do this only because now i have for every film which is running a
description. The second way i want to do is, writting a
programm(perl-script) with which help i can programm vdr over web(the
data for the films came out of the database).

To say it clearly, i don't want to include the database directly into
vdr!

It is only a second programm running to vdr and stores the film in a db.

--
Bye
Matthias

Home | Main Index | Thread Index