[vdr] Re: Automatic startup of vdr

Hello Olaf,

I created a script /etc/init.d/vdr and created a symbolic link to
/etc/rc2.d/S99vdr (Debian uses runlevel 2 as standard):

case $1 in

        start)
                #cd /usr/src/DVB/driver
                #/usr/bin/make insmod
                cd /usr/src/vdradmin-0.11
                ./vdradmind.pl
                cd /usr/src/VDR
                ./runvdr &
                # make sure you don't use the "-d" option for vdr in the
runvdr-script or this will probably not work
                ;;
        stop)
                killall vdr vdradmind.pl runvdr
                sleep 5
                cd /usr/src/DVB/driver
                /usr/bin/make rmmod
                ;;
        restart)
                /etc/init.d/vdr stop
                /etc/init.d/vdr start
                ;;
        reload)
                /etc/init.d/vdr stop
                cd /usr/src/DVB/driver
                /usr/bin/make insmod
                ;;
        *)
                echo "usage: $0 {start|stop|restart|reload}"
                ;;
esac

Hope this helps,

Ciao,