[vdr] Re: Recordings not in synch

Rainer Zocholl wrote:

> News.Martin@Schoenbeck.de(Martin Schoenbeck)  23.03.02 13:29
>
> Once upon a time Martin Schoenbeck shaped the electrons to say...
>
> >Hello Klaus,
>
> >Klaus Schmidinger schrieb:
> >>
> >> After a week of recording and replaying with VDR 1.0.0pre4 I can say
> >> that I _never_ had a single recording where audio and video were out
> >> of sync. Note that I only use the A/V out of the DVB-S card (rev
> >> 1.3). No AC3 here.
>
> >I observed with pre3 once out of sync audio. After stopping and again
> >starting the replay, it was cured. I never observed it again, neither
> >with pre3 nor with pre4
>
> I'm running older 0.99 (no time to fix channel.conf, sorry :-(... )
> and sometimes audio is out of synch there too.
> To "resync" it is required to "rewind" short moment.
> Just "pausing" did not cure. (Stopping and restarting
> would have helped too, i assume)
>
> That occurs very seldom and is only a problem of "replay".

I just made a recording from Pro7 with "Record Dolby Digital audio" on,
but there were no async problems when replaying it (note that I am not
talking about external AC3 audio - I don't have that kind of equipment).
Even with heavy fast forward/back and jumping around there were absolutely
no problems.

> Somtimes it is worser:
> Starting a replay only turns sound off,
> The progress bar can be shown and the time is running.
> But no video is played. The life TV programm is still displayed.
> Stopping and restarting the replay cures that mostly
> after the first try.

I have also observed that occasionaly. It happens very rarely and so
far has never been reproducable...

Klaus