[vdr] Re: working with the inbox remote controler Hauppauge Rev.2.1

----- Original Message -----
From: "Cyrille Grange" <cyrille.grange@eurodoc-sofilog.com>
To: <vdr@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2002 2:02 PM
Subject: [vdr] working with the inbox remote controler Hauppauge Rev.2.1

> There's a few week's, i bought the Hauppauge Wintv DVB-s card. It come
> with a remote controler to connect to the back of the card. It's work
> "great" under windows, but how can i use it under Linux (i see irremote
> log (/var/log/messages) from DVB drivers when i use it) and espacially
> with vdr ?

The IR receiver on the DVB card is supported by LIRC. You have to
compile/load the lirc_dvb.o module in the .../driver/lirc subdirectory of
the DVB driver package in order to use the built-in receiver. There are two
restrictions, though: only RC-5 compatible remote controls are supported and
the receiver will stop working after an ARM crash. So, if the ARM crashes
during replay of a recording, there is no way of stopping the replay without
stopping VDR and reloading the driver "from the outside". This can be quite
annoying ;-( At least on my machine, I often got ARM crashes when pressing
keys on the remote repeatedly so I switched back to a serial IR receiver.

hh

Home | Main Index | Thread Index