[vdr] VFAT, SAMBA and special characters

Hello @ll,
besides letters and numbers vdr accepts a lot more characters in the
timers.conf file and displays them correctly in any menu.
Obviously some characters are not usable in some filesystems. Therefore VDR
automatically replaces those characters with ist (hex-)ASCII code preceded
by a '#' .E.g. 'hello: world' will result in 'hello#3A_world' on the
filesystem.

Now, I export my /video directory with samba. I see the directories
containing the '#' from a windoze PC but I cannot access them. Weirdest of
all: '#' is a valid character for (old) DOS 8.3 FAT.

Does anyone know how to make samba work as expected and make the directories
accessabile from windoze ?

CU,
Christian.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index