[vdr] Re: performance during cutting

On 26 Mar, Arno Esser wrote:
> Did you check, if your hd transfer mode works correct. I had the same
> problem recently. After some time I detected that the drivers for my onboard raid
> controller are not so stable. Due to that dma mode became disabled under high
> load and that leads to the same situation as you described.

Good idea, I will check this tonight.

I did enable the DMA mode, hdparam said it was working and also
concerning CPU load and transfer rates everything looked fine.
But I did not check it after heavy load. Will hdparm detect if DMA mode
is disabled by the driver as you explained?

Joachim

 Joachim Thees <thees@informatik.uni-kl.de>
 Univ. of Kaiserslautern, Computer Networks Group