[vdr] Re: timer sorting

On Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:29:12 +0100, Tim Abels <tim.abels@ewetel.net>
wrote:

> So it happend to me on tuesday...
>
> BTW: What exactly does the VDR when searching the recordings ?
>
> My box is running since november and the time to search the recordings is
> increasing since then.
>
> Is a search-time of about 10seconds normal ? (80% of a 76GB partition)
> Or might the few mp3's on /video/mp3 are responsible for that ?

The more files you have the longer it takes. It is also dependend on
whether a playback or recording was running and has pushed out the info.
I have about 300 GB on disk and it normaly takes less than a second.

Look back for threads on this topic. There were some optimizations
posted. But if you change something to the code please be very careful.
You may loose all your recordings.

Emil

Home | Main Index | Thread Index