[vdr] Re: Control of two DVB cards

Hello Jens,

Jens Groth schrieb:

> I think part of this is allready implemented. As I have no second
> card right now, I am not able to test this. But as far as I understood
> the manual the following should happen while you press "record" on
> a two card system:
> - Watch program on primary card 1(AV1)
> - Press "record"
> - Recording is transfered to card 2 (AV2)
> - Card 1 and 2 should be tuned to the same channel
> - Card 1 is not blocked by a recording and could be used for zapping.
>
> So only the recording has to be turned of and a kind of restore function
> is needed.

Wouldn't it be much easier, to simply start the recording, watch the
recording on the first card, stop this as soon as the commercials start,
zap around as long, as it is interesting, then go back to the recording,
skip the commercials with fast forward and go on watching the first
channel.

You won't have to change anything in vdr. And you don't have to peak
into the first channel while zapping around. And you won't have to stop
zapping at an interesting point, only because the commercials are done.

Martin

Home | Main Index | Thread Index