[vdr] Re: font

Alessio Sangalli wrote:

> is it possible to use a smaller font than the one avaiable with vdr?

It is of course possible and even easy to change the font.

Klaus mentioned once that fonts with odd line widths
(note that 1 is odd ;-) cause flicker on an interlaced
display (such as a TV).

I have never tried this myself, but I believe Klaus.

However, on certain TVs (I have a line doubler on my
beamer), the effect may not exist, so it might be a good
idea to experiment and find a font that is still easily
readable and yet allows more information per page to be
displayed.

> which are the limitations of the osd display?

Except for the flicker problem, the OSD has no limitations.
You can create fonts down to one 1x1 pixel in size.

Carsten.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index