[vdr] Re: dvd problems

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] Re: dvd problems (05-Apr-2002 21:58)
From:    aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de
To:      vdr@linuxtv.org

[]
> > If i play a dvd, use ff/rw sometimes the picture stays
> > on the screen, vdr-menus, commands etc. are still usable
> > and cpu-load hangs at 100%. If i try to stop replay in
> > this case (wether with 'back'/'blue'-key or thrugh starting
> > a new replay) vdr exit.
>
> ff/rew is somewhat problematic. When i try it here, my remote (LIRC) stops
> responsing. I guess, this is what happens to you too. So far i have been
> unable to determin what is causing it. I always thought that this problem
> was
> somewhat special to my setup, as nobody else had reported similar problems.

OK, so i have to avoid rw/ff, maybe there is a solution sometime.

[]
> > P.S. now (don't know when this changed) the up/down keys 8+2 are
> >      exchanged, where can i change that back?
>
> There was a request a while back to swap 8 and 2 for keyboards as on normal
> PC
> keyboars 8 is up and 2 down. The key mapping on the remote control shouldn'
> have changed. You can edit menu.c, look for 'DVDCtrlUpperButtonSelect', and
>
> map those function to any key you like.

Worked for me. Thanks.

BTW: Are you planning to implement a 'jump-to' function' and a function
     so that the dvd will resume at the point where i stopped watching
     (like for normal vdr-files)?

...Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index