[vdr] Re: menu.c - cMenuEditStrItem

On Sun, 7 Apr 2002, Klaus Schmidinger (KS) wrote:

KS> Mirko Günther wrote:
KS> >
KS> > Sergei Haller wrote:
KS> >
KS> > >high!
KS> > >
KS> > >cMenuEditStrItem is an editable String like in file names of timers
KS> >
KS> > it works great, I hope the patch is included at the next release...
KS>
KS> Something like this will surely come, but it was too late to include it
KS> in version 1.0.0.

what I did is a quick hack, if someone likes it, it should be patcheable
ontop of finaa 1.0.0 too (but I didn't test it, though)

@Andy, feel free to add it to the AIO patches, so it will be tested a bit.
(I think, the main idea to use memmove is still what we need here)

KS> I believe, though, that I will use the color buttons

I also thought about color buttons, but decided not to make long thoughts
about it since it was going to become a quick hack (with number buttons at
least noone could complain that I didn't add a colored bar at the buttom
of the menu. ;-)

KS> to switch between things like "A-Z/a-z", "Insert/Overwrite" and do
KS> "Delete".

Oh, yes, this would be more comfortable, although how would you
distinguish between the insert mode and the overwrite mode?

since you need more than one keypress to change a character, how to decide
in insert mode, when the user wants to write a new character and when the
user wants to alter the current one? maybe after some delay?

c ya
        Sergei
         eMail:       Sergei.Haller@math.uni-giessen.de
                -- Mark Twain