[vdr] Re: Kernel-Patch to make VDR undisturbable

On Monday, 8. April 2002 20:22, you wrote:
> Hi,
>
> xfs does not have this nice feature, so what is the benefit against ext3?
> I'm using RedHat all the time and since 7.2 it is standard.

BTW, there was a benchmark of all journaling fs in ct 6/2002, it turned out
that xfs and jfs are the fastest at some large files, reiserfs not much
behind there (only a few percent), so i guess the only problem can be the
"transaction/second" value, which is only a qarter with reiserfs compared to
the others. At almost any other value reiserfs is the fastest anyway
(does someone understood that different?)
Really strange that some people have so much problems and little performance.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index