[vdr] Re: DVD replay is unsmooth

Hi,

On Friday 12 April 2002 00:29, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> Hi,
> after a longer time I wanted to watch one of my DVDs (The Abyss)
> and found that the replay is very unsmooth, this means that the
> video running faster and slower with an rythm of about half a
> second (maybe GOP size?) while audio sounds good (AC3 too).

Did the dvd work with an older version of my dvd patches? The switch to liba52
also slightly changed the pts generation. So far i haven't observed any
problems with that, but who knows.....
Also, there are certain dvd's where the audio/video syncing of the card simply
can't keep up with the way the datastream is (mis-)mixed. Switching a/v
syncing off usualy helps, but might lead to desyncs later in the movie.
You could try to change all AUDIO_SET_AV_SYNC ioctls to false.

> I'm using a driver from 1.4. and tried to downgrade to my old
> stable version from 2.1., but then DVD menus dosen't work at all.

i don't think there is a driver problem (aside from the fact that menus should
work with older drivers too, i used to run as 20011217 driver for quite some
time).

> Using vdr 1.0.0 with DVD nav8 and MP3 patches. DVD libraries from
> Andreas dir.
>
> Any hints? Would it help to upgrade to latest libdvdcss (1.1.1)?

it's most probaly not a css issue.

Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index