[vdr] Re: DVD replay is unsmooth

On 12 Apr 2002 Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:

> On Friday 12 April 2002 00:29, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
>> after a longer time I wanted to watch one of my DVDs (The Abyss)
>> and found that the replay is very unsmooth, this means that the
>> video running faster and slower with an rythm of about half a
>> second (maybe GOP size?) while audio sounds good (AC3 too).
>
> Did the dvd work with an older version of my dvd patches? The switch to liba52
> also slightly changed the pts generation. So far i haven't observed any
> problems with that, but who knows.....
> Also, there are certain dvd's where the audio/video syncing of the card simply
> can't keep up with the way the datastream is (mis-)mixed. Switching a/v
> syncing off usualy helps, but might lead to desyncs later in the movie.
> You could try to change all AUDIO_SET_AV_SYNC ioctls to false.

Well, I'm pretty sure that this DVD was running perfect with
earlier versions (it's one of my favorites). But as I didn't used
DVD feature for a longer time, I cannot say when the problem
started. Which was the last version without liba52? May be I
could get hands on it and give it a try.

>> I'm using a driver from 1.4. and tried to downgrade to my old
>> stable version from 2.1., but then DVD menus dosen't work at all.
>
> i don't think there is a driver problem (aside from the fact that menus should
> work with older drivers too, i used to run as 20011217 driver for quite some
> time).

Yes, this was my fault. I used a old driver with klaus
iframe-patch which seems to make the menus unusable.

>> Any hints? Would it help to upgrade to latest libdvdcss (1.1.1)?
>
> it's most probaly not a css issue.

Right, I updated to 1.1.1, but it doesn't changes anything.

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index