[vdr] Re: VDR on Suse7.3

If' try to install the dvb-modules under SuSE8.0 (kernel 2.4.18), but
during the compile I get and errormessage, that the function-prototype
"kmap_pagetable" were not found. Does someone know, what this function
do and why it is absent in the 2.4.18 kernel and how I can still compile
the modules?
It's nore the dvb-module, I've the same problem with my nvidia-module...

Stefaan Coddé wrote:

>I'm new to linux and started to install a minimal version of suse7.3, re-compiled to kernel 2.4.18
>but the installation of the siemens driver failed every time as soon when make insmod was started.
>Using the standard kernel resulted in a make error, loadable module support not loaded.
>

>Then i've installed an older version of VDR which was located on the suse7.3 CD's/DVD and that works
>yahoooooooo......after starting the vdr with startvdr but it starts imedialty with the detection of a remote control.
>I've connected an IRman to COM1 but no key is detected at all.
>
>The problem is : I have no clue WHAT suse has installed except a siemens driver and VDR.
>                        But what about lirc and it's configuration eg how does vdr know where the
>                         remore receiver is connected to?
>
>                        Second : where has suse installed vdr?  Not under /usr/local/src   nor /usr/local/bin?
>

>So : how to check what suse has installed  eg... is there mp3 and DVD support too   and where it has been installed?
>       what about remote control?
>       how to upgrade?
>
>btw, I don't have X running so everything goes thru bash.

Home | Main Index | Thread Index