[vdr] Re: Feature suggestions

Hi,

At 12:54 4/18/2002 +0200, Andreas Roedl wrote:
> > - VDR is capable to tune to radio stations :-)
> > Radio doesn't have video broadcast (duh!), thus the screen stays black.
> > It would be cool if the logo of the station would be displayed :-)
>
>I don't wanna see the Fritz logo all the time on the screen.

Simple: Turn your TV off or switch to another channel (terrestrial or cable).

>Do you see such a logo at your car/home stereo?

No, but has your home - or car stereo for that matter - a 27" screen???

> > - I'd like to have a second type of timer that just changes the channel
> > but doesn't actually record.
> > Like it tunes to my favorite radio station at 6am so that I can listen
> > to it while getting up (the only thing I'd have to do then is to turn on
> > my amplifier, on of the few things I'm alredy capable of in the morning
> > ;-)) Another possibility would be that VDR just displays a message and
> > changes on keypress...
>
>This is very easy to implement, because vdr has the so called SVDRProtocol
>and
>your feature request is such a thing. Create a crontab entry and give your
>VDR a kick. Search for "HelpPages" in svdrp.c.

<sarcasm>
It is really nice that you love to play around with crontab files. However,
some of us have nothing but the TV connected to their VDR box.
</sarcasm>

This feature is actually one that the simplest cable boxes (AT&T cable)
have and I think it's a very good idea because it's harder to miss a
program if you're concentrating so much on ironing some shirts while the TV
is running.

Bernd

Home | Main Index | Thread Index