[vdr] Re: DVD replay is unsmooth

Hi,

On 19 Apr 2002, Stefan Huelswitt wrote:

> On 17 Apr 2002 Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:

> > it's part of liba52, blame them ;-)
>
> Well, if I understand the docs right, it should be better to
> disable dynrng compression for normal living rooms. Don't get
> confused by your reverse logic: if the setup option is disabled
> (set to no) you are calling a52_dynrng with NULL callback which
> in fact disables compression. Right?

well, i have take most of the code more or less straight from a52dec, the
dynrng logic is the same as there. I belive that calling dynrng with NULL
sets a flag that dynrng has already been done, an will therefore not
happen again, which due to the NULL parameter will deactivate dynrng.

> One more thing: while DVD playback is much better with the new
> syncing method, some (may by all) VDR recordings starts to have
> these video jumps with new syncing (and running fine with old
> syncing). Seems that the syncing code still needs work ...

The syncing affects only pts generation for decoded AC3 frames, normal vdr
recordings (without AC3 track) can't be affected, recordings with AC3
tracks however could suffer.
The solution for that should be pretty easy, i'll provide a patch as soon
as my vdr box is running again.

Have fun

   Andreas

--
Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Student of computer science

"In accordance with plans for Linux OS world domination
      infiltration of governments is vital (:-))."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index