[vdr] Re: Two VDR, any experiences

Hi Joerg,

> I have a simular configuration with two maschines, and so I am also
> interested in any ideas to solve this...

why using 2 vdr machines?

You could simply put the vdr machine in your cellar and connect TV out,
audio out and an IR with your TV set in the living room. No ugly computer
case in your living room (your wife will honour this :) ), no disturbing
fan. That's how I'm using it for half a year now. The cable length are about
15 meters with no visible quality loss compared with my nokia box.

The only drawback I can imagine is the lack of a DVD drive beside your tv
set, if you _really_ need DVD playback on a regular basis.

ciao
  Richard

Home | Main Index | Thread Index