[vdr] Re: Big Problem with playing DVD's

Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de> wrote:

> > -Libdvdread: Using libdvdcss.so.2 for DVD access
> > ( two times this message)
> >
> > -demux: dvdreadblocks returned 0
> > ( a lot of times this message!)
>
> reads from DVD are screwed, either libdvdcss could not descramble the
> disc or reads from the dvd failed.

i have just upgraded to vanilla vdr-1.0.1 with dvd-nav-10 and i see
exactly the same problems as holger.

BUT ONLY IF I DO "export DVDCSS_METHOD=key" FIRST.

i have tested this with "Schuh des Manitu Disc 2" and "Red Planet". if i
do not set this variable dvd navigation works really good. even better,
compered to nav-8 (if this is the last version i used, cause i don't
know for sure).

i will do further tests, after my girfriend stops watching "Ally McBeal"
:-)

Home | Main Index | Thread Index