[vdr] Re: Does DVB-S fit into Shuttle SV24?

Hi Lars,
I also build a system with this case. Cooper is right, it is very small and
the IDE cable is short indeed. But for me it works with a Siemens 1.3 and
the original cable set. But I have nothing connected to the CI-connector in
the moment, so if you plan to use a CI Modul, I have to look into it again.

Against the noise I invested some bugs for fans by Papst (for case/CPU and
powersupply) and now its better; not noiseless but ok for me. But you will
have no warranty anymore, because you have to open the powersupply for
changing the fan!

I build up a system without floppy connected with my server in the
home-office. I use the empty floppy-slot in the front for a LCD (4x20) with
backlight, it looks very nice...

After all, the noise is the biggest prob, the design and motherboard are ok,
performance with an 800MHz Celeron is enough for DIVx/mplayer.
If you need mor info contact me again...

Best regards
jm