[vdr] Re: Idea: Volume Offset per Channel

flood@flood-net.de(Andreas Roedl)  01.05.02 15:10

Once upon a time Andreas Roedl shaped the electrons to say...

>Hello!

>Am Mittwoch, 1. Mai 2002 14:45 schrieb Ulrich Petri:
>> my idea was to add another column to the channels.conf where a
>> "volume offset" for each channel would be stored.
>> For example MTV German is extremly loud while some other channels
>> are much quiter.
>> So the idea is when switching to that channel the volume is
>> automatically reduced by the offset value (and restored of course
>> when leaving the channel).
>>
>> What do u think?

>Nice!

Jepp. We already had that sugesstion some time ago.
(Exspecially MTV is very loud, but ARD is very loud too.
(So i assume: young and old people can't hear very good any more ;-))).

But there seems to a structural problem:

The same file is used for user specific setting
and for technical settings.

So each new entry or deletion may affect the timers-numbering...

i think there should be at least 2 .conf:
One user specific, "taste-dependend" for example:
containing the sequence of channels,
the volume factor, the language, default videotext page,
the colour setting etc.

and an other MUCH more complicate .conf containing all
satellite related values, not forgetting paramount values etc.

If there are several users.conf, the timers must use the
sat.conf of cause.

This too would avoid the often rewriting of the seldom
changed satelite values.

>We should think about the structure of channels.conf anyway, because
>there are some important informations missing. Lets have a look at the
>channels.conf of tzap:

>Pro7:714000000:INVERSION_OFF:BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ:FEC_2_3:FEC_NONE:QAM_16:T
>RANSMISSION_MODE_8K:GUARD_INTERVAL_1_8:HIERARCHY_NONE:161:82

>compared to VDRs channels.conf:

>PRO 7:714000:V:0:27500:161:82:0:1:19

>This is a small cutout of dvbapi.c

>----- snip -----
>       case FE_OFDM: { // DVB-T

>            // Frequency and OFDM paramaters:

>            Frontend.Frequency = Frequency * 1000UL;
>            Frontend.Inversion = INVERSION_AUTO;
>            Frontend.u.ofdm.bandWidth=BANDWIDTH_8_MHZ;
>            Frontend.u.ofdm.HP_CodeRate=FEC_2_3;
>            Frontend.u.ofdm.LP_CodeRate=FEC_1_2;
>            Frontend.u.ofdm.Constellation=QAM_64;
>            Frontend.u.ofdm.TransmissionMode=TRANSMISSION_MODE_2K;
>            Frontend.u.ofdm.guardInterval=GUARD_INTERVAL_1_32;
>            Frontend.u.ofdm.HierarchyInformation=HIERARCHY_NONE;
>            }
>            break;
>----- snap -----

>This has been added by Dave Chapman for UK DVB-T, but these settings
>are wrong for the german DVB-T (mostly: QAM_16, TRANSMISSION_MODE_8K,
>QUARD_INTERVAL_1_8).

>It would be nice to have those things configurable.

Jepp.
Rainer---<=====>                         Vertraulich
             //
           //