[vdr] Re: PVR users are thieves

On Thursday 02 May 2002 13:33, you wrote:
> Hello!
>
> From /.:
>
> It was bound to happen - 2600.com is reporting that Turner Broadcasting CEO
> Jamie Kellner is calling PVR users thieves. When asked why personal video
> recorders are bad for the industry, Keller says 'Because of the ad
> skips.... It's theft. Your contract with the network when you get the show
> is you're going to watch the spots. Otherwise you couldn't get the show on
> an ad-supported basis. Any time you skip a commercial or watch the button
> you're actually stealing the programming.' Since when have we made
> contracts with the broadcasters for watching their content? More of the
> 2600 article can be found here.
>
>   http://www.2600.com/news/display.shtml?id=1113
>

> Andi

That's just the normal RIAA and MPAA crap... who needs brains anyways ? Not
that this is history repeating, no sir, the Betamax trial that allowed
private copies in America is entirely unknown to us ;-)

Unfortunately we in Europe face such stupdity as well, if the <a
href="http://directory.google.com/Top/Society/Issues/Intellectual_Property/Copyrights/European_Union_Copyright_Directive/">EUCD
aka European DMCA</a> gets passed...

But I guess this is a bit off-topic here ;-)
	Marc

Home | Main Index | Thread Index