[vdr] Re: experimental ALSA support for VDR

Hi,

I've tried your patch, but it's not working.

I've played a test DVD and could only hear the left and the right front
channel. The playback of an AC3-recording was silent, but on the DVB-output
was sound. There were no errors on the console.

I was not sure how to set up vdr. Do I have to switch the LiveAC3 option on?

I had some trouble with compiling vdr after the patch. It seems that in the
patch are errors which avoids compiling. Like this:
   // We increase priority to decrease delays
   struct sched_param param;
-  param.sched_priority = sched_get_priority_max(SCHED_RR);
+  param.sched_priority = sched_get_priority_max(SCHED_RR)*2)/3;
   if (pthread_setschedparam(pthread_self(), SCHED_RR, &param) < 0)

In the compilers (and my opinion) there is a paranthesis missing in the
changed line. Can you please recheck if you posted the right patch?
Perhaps I've broken something when I made it compiling.

The patch is very interesting for me. Please go on with it.

Mike

Home | Main Index | Thread Index