[vdr] Re: vdr, mplayer and lirc [LONG]

--------
Hi all,
I tried to remember how I configured mplayer from work and I ended up writing
an incomplete explanation, my bad.

Actually I have two configuration files in my ~/.mplayer/ directory:

- input.conf : it's just a copy of the file <src>/MPlayer-20020421/etc/input.co
nf it looks like this:

---- [ begin of input.conf ] ---------------------
##
## MPlayer input control file
##
## You are able to redefine default keyboard/joystick/mouse/LIRC bindings, or
## add new ones.
##
## The file should be placed into $HOME/.mplayer directory.
##

RIGHT seek +10
LEFT seek -10
DOWN seek -60
UP seek +60
PGUP seek 600
PGDWN seek -600
- audio_delay 0.100
+ audio_delay -0.100
q quit
ESC quit
ENTER pt_step 1 1
p pause
SPACE pause
HOME pt_up_step 1
END pt_up_step -1
> pt_step 1
< pt_step -1
INS alt_src_step 1
DEL alt_src_step -1
o osd
z sub_delay -0.1
x sub_delay +0.1
9 volume -1
/ volume -1
0 volume 1
* volume 1
1 contrast -1
2 contrast 1
3 brightness -1
4 brightness 1
5 hue -1
6 hue 1
7 saturation -1
8 saturation 1
d frame_drop
r sub_pos -1
t sub_pos +1
f vo_fullscreen

h tv_step_channel 1
l tv_step_channel -1
n tv_step_norm
b tv_step_chanlist

-------- [ End ] ------------------

-lirc.conf: this is the file where I actually define the lirc binds for
mplayer:

-------- [ begin of lirc.conf ] ---------

begin
  remote = Hauppauge
  prog = mplayer
  button = Red
  config = QUIT
end

begin
  remote = Hauppauge
  prog = mplayer
  button = Right
  config = seek +10
end

begin
  remote = Hauppauge
  prog = mplayer
  button = Left
  config = seek -10
end

begin
  remote = Hauppauge
  prog = mplayer
  button = Up
  config = seek +60
end

begin
  remote = Hauppauge
  prog = mplayer
  button = Down
  config = seek -60
end

begin
  remote = Hauppauge
  prog = mplayer
  button = Menu
  config = osd
end

begin
  remote = Hauppauge
  prog = mplayer
  button = Green
  config = frame_drop
end

begin
  remote = Hauppauge
  prog = mplayer
  button = Yellow
  config = pause
end

-------- [ end ] -----------------

..
And this is my mplayer.sh script used to run mplayer from vdr:

-------- [ begin of mplayer.sh ] ---------------------

#!/bin/bash
#
# This script is called from VDR to start MPlayer
#
# argument 1: the file to play

# where to find mplayer
MPLAYER="/usr/local/bin/mplayer"
# mplayer options, -vc will be added below
# add "-lircconf <lircrc>" to enable LIRC support
OPTS="-y 576 -vo mpegpes -lircconf /root/.mplayer/lirc.conf -ao oss -framedrop
-cache 4096"

#####################

FILE=$1
type=`file "$FILE"`

case "$type" in
*AVI*)
  VC="ffdivx"
  ;;
*MPEG*)
  VC="mpegpes"
  ;;
*)
  echo "Unknown video file format $type"
  echo "Edit mplayer.sh to support this file type"
  exit 1
  ;;
esac
/usr/local/lib/oss/ossmix spdif.loop OFF
exec $MPLAYER $OPTS -vc $VC "$FILE"

readmes, and bits of information gathered in a lot of web pages. Right now I
can't make the mplayer osd show up on my dvb card (it works if I play the
files on the X display )  .... but I keep trying ;-)

Regards

Mattia

Home | Main Index | Thread Index