[vdr] Re: AW: Difference between RGB- and S-VHS-Out

Jens Groth schrieb:

> Hello Robert,
>
> from the technical point of view RGB should be better than S-Video
> (has nothing to do with a VCR). On my standalone receiver there is
> only a small difference between RGB and S-Video.
> I just bought a second rev. 1.3 card and I am going to connect one
> via RGB and one via S-Video. But this may take some time as I am
> quite busy with other things right now.
>
> CU
>
> Jens

I use RGB, and I wouldn't use S-Video at all. With S-Video your chroma
(color) bandwidth is reduced to 1Mhz, with RGB you don't have it limited
(maybe the TV and the cable limits it somewhere arround 4Mhz), so you
have plenty of bandwidth to carry a sharp picture. S-Video is not much
better than normal composite, that's why almoust no TV-station uses
S-Video. Anyhow since many stations are still using composite
connections internally you won't profit _that_ much, (some stations work
on old reused VHS-tapes), however I've noticed the colors beeing a lot
more vibrant over RGB.

Servus
  Casandro

Home | Main Index | Thread Index