[vdr] Re: AW: Re: Problem with keyboard after playing a DVD

On Thu, May 09, 2002 at 06:45:30PM +0200, Günter Niedermeier wrote:
> > > Before SuSE 8.0 it worked without NUM-lock, and the libdvd...
> > from Andreas
> > > worked fine.
> >
> > This problem is extremly strange. Did you rebuild the libs after
> > installing/upgrading the kernel?
> > The patches are mostly only to get a simpler integration of
> > libdvdcss and the
> > csskey's file. It should not affect anything else.
>
> I have setup a SuSE-8.0 completely new. No upgrade or something else.
> I have used your libdvd... running SuSE-7.3 before without problems.
> No need to NUM-lock. No keyboard blocking after playing a DVD.
> The keyboard blocking is not a hard blocking, but I can't navigate
> through the vdr menu after returning back from DVD, until I press
> CTRL+C and start vdr again.

Do you've rebuild all foreign libs (e.g. libdvdread and libdvdcss) within
the new environment?  Normally this isn't necessary if all programers
uses the official interface of e.g. glibc ... but suppose they use
internals which may change between the releases.  Therefore its better
to rebuild foreign libs to be sure that all fits together (and if the
rebuild fails you'll see what have changed).

              Werner

Home | Main Index | Thread Index