[vdr] Re: Video over internet

Hello!

Am Mittwoch, 29. Mai 2002 15:58 schrieb Christian Kramer:

> Is ist possible to distribute a video-stream of a single channel,
> captured by a DVB-Card, over internet. I thought of something like to
> convert the mpeg stream to something like a Real-Media stream.

  http://www.videolan.org/

  "VideoLAN is a project of French students from the École Centrale Paris and
  developers from all over the world. Its main goals is MPEG streaming on a
  network, but it also features a standalone multimedia player. The VideoLAN
  Server can stream video read from a hard disk, a DVD player, a satellite
  card or an MPEG 2 compression card, and unicast or multicast it on a
  network. The VideoLAN Client can read the stream from the network and
  display it. It can also be used to display video read locally on the
  computer : DVDs, VCDs, MPEG and DivX files and from a satellite card. It is
  multi-plaform : Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, BeOS, BSD, Solaris, QNX, iPaq...
  The VideoLAN Client and Server now have a full IPv6 support.

Mermgfurt!

Andi

--
Web:   http://www.flood-net.de/
Mail:  flood@flood-net.de

Windows sucks, Linux rules :-)              http://srom.zgp.org/
Watch more TV! http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/software.htm
Who needs DivX?                          telnet blinkenlights.nl

Home | Main Index | Thread Index