[vdr] Re: vdr not reading .lircrc ?

Hi,

On Wednesday 05 June 2002 01:41, Gunnar Roth wrote:
> > > Is there a way to make vdr behave like other programs with
> > > lirc support, or would it be possible to add support for that?
> > >
> > > Thank you very much for the great program,
> > >
> > > Andreas Lange
> >
> > vdr uses the definitions of /etc/lircd.conf
>
> Did you really understand his question?. i am certain, he knows this. but
> his question was abaut lircrc support of vdr like mplayer and other
> programs have. lircrc can map the remote control button to a programms
> functions. vdr uses the remotecontrol key names directly.
> this topic was discussed days before on this list. of course it is possible
> to reproramm vdr. someone juast has to do that ;-)

I just had quick look at .lircrc support and i belive it is not very suitable
for vdr. The simplistic key-to-function mapping in lircrc does *not* add
significant functionality to vdr. What we would need, is a multi layer
mapping where the key-to-function mapping changes with vdr's operation mode
(tv/playback/VCD/DVD) .
The lirc_client lib has something like those operation modes, but they are not
reported to the application, nor are they controllable by the application.

Andreas
--
Andreas Schultz <aschultz@cs.uni-magdeburg.de>
Student of computer science

"In accordance with plans for Linux OS world domination
      infiltration of governments is vital (:-))."

Home | Main Index | Thread Index