[vdr] Re: Archiving on DVD?

> My question would be: What solution are you guys using? What are the
> advantages/disadvantages? If you are using DVD, which one: DVD-R, DVD-RW,
> or
> DVD+RW? Is any special software needed for DVD mastering? On the Mac I'd
> use
> the iDVD application to master a disc, but it would be nice to have
> software
> which is integrated into VDR.

I use several Scripts to burn my Recordings on a "DVD-R" in  DATA Mode.
So this DVD-R is only playable on PC´s or VDR machines.

This is a realy comforable solution for me - i selekt one or 2 Recordings
with the Remote-Controller - cut (if i need) and then i put a DVD-R into
the Recorder and start the Burn-Progress -

Anything else is done by some scripts in Background and the Status Messages
are displayed on VDR´s OSD.

I (and sure some more people) are still searching for a solution to burn
"real VIDEO DVD" with Linux.

So if anyone have further Informations about VideoDVD Authoring with Linux
Please let me know !

CU

Axel

Home | Main Index | Thread Index