[vdr] Re: 6speaker onboard Dolby Digital DVD

hi,

Peer Oliver Schmidt wrote:

> could you elaborate on this one?! Are the following statements true:
>
> 1) You have Dolby Digital 5.1 coming out to your speakers directly from your sound
> card

yes.

> 2) The commandline to start vdr is only slightly changed by adding -a a52dec

actually it is -a `/usr/local/bin/a52dec -o oss6` ;-).
be carefull with the quotes to get the "-o oss6" through to a52dec.

> 3) The leadtek has a C-Media CMI8738 chip and you have enabled 6 as the number of
> speakers?, line-in as Bass?

i gave 6 as number of speakers. no options for line-in as rear/bass ...
the 8738 on my card has 6 separate outputs. there seem to be multiple
chip
versions with diffenrent output configurations.

> 4) You have applied the AIO patch?

no, not right now. i have the dvd-nav10 + lcdproc patches.

> 5) You don't have to change anything else during watching TV and/or DVD. No matter
> whether the sound is Dolby Digital encoded, or regular stereo sound, the sound comes
> out ok?

not quite. if you have additional dd-sound, you need to mute lpcm sound
(press mute), as i have connected dvb-out to line-in. if you don't you
hear more or less echo.
no chance right now to set the volume for dd-sound (as this needs to be
done
via the soundcard mixer, which is not supported right now).
i would like to be able to select between all audio sources:
languages and dd tracks.
maybe i will change vdr to use the soundcard mixer at least.

> 6) What about watching DivX via MPlayer. Do you hear sound here as well? Or did you
> need to change anything in mplayer.sh?

never tried this.

--
  markus schorer              fon 089.540.149.0

Home | Main Index | Thread Index