[vdr] Re: 6speaker onboard Dolby Digital DVD

Markus
thanks a lot for the details.
> actually it is -a `/usr/local/bin/a52dec -o oss6` ;-).
> be carefull with the quotes to get the "-o oss6" through to a52dec.

yeah, few weeks ago I finally recognized the different quotes.
> i gave 6 as number of speakers. no options for line-in as rear/bass ...
> the 8738 on my card has 6 separate outputs. there seem to be multiple
> chip versions with diffenrent output configurations.

Will have to check this out.

Did you have a chance to compare the sound quality of your setup with a setup of
someone else using the J2 AC/3 output connected to an external decoder?

rgds
pos

Home | Main Index | Thread Index