[vdr] Re: stream broken with nexus

a.schinkel@vosschemie.de wrote:

> hello world,
>
> i finally got my remote working (thanks to ralf)
>
> still have the problem with data stream broken, arm crashed and so on. it
> seems pretty much like
> a thermical error. if i start up my pc, vdr records for abt. 10min, than
> crashes. this is reproducable
> if i give the machine a "cool down" time of about 2h, than start up again.
>
> a simple restart of the "warm" pc doesnīt help
>
> my question now: is this a general problem of the card design or do i have a
> broken board? would be no problem
> to give the card a heat-sink, but if itīs kind of broken, i have to exchange
> it, cause itīs only a few days old
> (warranty)
>
> itīs a nexus-s from hauppauge, rev 2.1

I recently got a new Nova budget card and saw that the heat sink in the tuner
didn't reach the chip it was supposed to cool. So I took off the cover of the
tuner (it's just snapped on and there are no "Warranty void if removed" stickers),
bent the heat sink down a little so it would firmly touch the chip, and snapped
it back on.

Maybe this helps.

Klaus