[vdr] Re: sanity check

Am Mit, 2002-06-12 um 19.03 schrieb Jeffrey Drake:
> I have recently been doing some research on what it would take to get a
> 'pvr' going.
>
> I have satellite through bell express-vu (some information I found is
> here: http://www.lyngsat.com/dig/expressvu.shtml )
>
> It seems most channels seem to be encoded with something called
> nagravision. Doing more search on the matter, I found a page with card
> information:
>
> http://www.hauppauge.com/
>
> at the bottom of that it lists a conditional access module for
> nagravision.
>
> My basic question here is: what do I need to do to receive satellite on
> this custom pc?
> * as an additional note: the expressvu receiver unit came with a card
> inside of it that can be removed from the front.
>
> --
> The other side of this is the hardware setup. Via has this nice board
> they call a mini-itx board. It is approximately 170mm * 170mm. It
> contains a tv-out and a few other goodies.
> http://www.viavpsd.com/product/epia_mini_itx_spec.jsp?motherboardId=21
>
> Tell me what you think of this.

3 Questions:

1.) Is the board completely supported by linux?

2.) Other socket-370 CPUs possible?

3.) Do you have any prices?

There's a mark about to PCI-devices on VIA's page. Does anyone know if
it is possible to divide a PCI-slot into two?

> --
> Can the VDR software be made to work with regular analog cable?

If you use a MPEG2-encoder-card or analogue-video-card with
software-MPEG2-encoder and patch the driver for it, yes. But functions
like EPG won't work, as there is no EPG in analogue-signal.

You would have to skip or patch that functions in VDR.

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index