[vdr] Re: VDR-Network-Traffic-Managment

Stefan.Hagendorn@lindy.cc schrieb:

> Axel,
>
> how about upgrading to gigabit ethernet ???? imho it's not too expensive
> nowdays ....

Well I doubt the problem is network speed here. I mean we are talking
about 100MBit/sec network speed insteadt of 4Mbit speed from the
satellite. So you should be able to "stream" at least 10 channels at
once.

I think it's a harddrive speed problem, maybe because of some IRQ or DMA
problems.

Servus
  Casandro

> stefan
>

>                     Axel Gruber
>                     <axelgruber3@g       To:     vdr@linuxtv.org
>                     mx.de>               cc:
>                     Sent by:             Subject:     [vdr] VDR-Network-Traffic-Managment
>                     vdr-bounce@lin
>                     uxtv.org
>

>                     17.06.2002
>                     13:43
>                     Please respond
>                     to vdr
>

> Hi all
>
> Here i use a small VDR-network with one "main-machine" (4 DVB-Devices) and
> 8 Harddrives.
> 2 Clients with only 1 DVB-Device and mounted the Harddrives from the
> Main-Machine.
>
> Everything works fine.
>
> Now i want to expand the harddrivespace and connect a aditional Server to
> this Network.
>
> But now i get problems.
>
> VDR allways use the /video device wich has the highes space on it. - so if
> i connect
> the Server to the network (for example as /video9) all Vdrīs only record to
> this device.
>
> If i only record 1 or 2 Streams at the same time there is  no problem - but
> if i
> (and my Brother) watch over the Clients (over the LAN) and the main-Machine
> want to
> record over the Network i get Problems because the netowrk ist too slow.
>
> Is there any way to tell VDR that he only shuld use a specifyed number of
> recordings over
> the network ?
>
> I know this is a realy specific problem - but i donīt have a solution for
> it !
>
> CU
>
> Axel

Home | Main Index | Thread Index