[vdr] Re: AW: VDR -> DVD

Am Mon, 2002-06-17 um 17.56 schrieb Patrick GUENEAU:
> hello,
>
> webmaster@internettest.de wrote:
> >
> > > asuming to your picture its Pro7, so its a 720x576 interlaced movie with >48kHz sound - its perfect for DVD simply demux/fix with pvastrumento and >write it to DVD-RW (without any reencoding) to test the result
> >
> > Ok.. But what I need is cut the recordings. The keyframe cutting of vdr
> > is not enough. Do you have a solution for this?
>
> I have made some tests using mplex program. If VDR Recordings are first
> cut using VDR Cutting tools, you can convert these files to PS Stream
> format using mplex. Cutting the result files can be done using
> split_mpeg.
>
> I haven't try to write a DVD-R (don't have a writer) but it definitly
> looked like a real PS Stream. The mean issue is to add ifo files and
> menus so that it plays on regular DVD player !

As I have a DVD-writer testing with UDF-packet-writing I'm also
interested in recording DVD. If the version 1.2 of VDR comes up, maybe
someone can write a recording-plugin which directly records in
VOB-format with IFO- and BUP-files instead of propretary MPEG-PES with
index.vdr (if I understood well the DVD-specs, IFO-files are the
index-files of VOB (like index.vdr in VDR) and BUP-files are backups of
IFOs. So we could keep the main-file/index-file-structure and use the
corresponding formats for VOB and IFO).

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index