[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer extention 0.4.4 available

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer extention 0.4.4 available (17-Jun-2002 18:01)
From:    s.huelswitt@gmx.de
To:      vdr@linuxtv.org

> On 17 Jun 2002 <apieper@gmx.net> wrote:
>
> > Is it possible to use playlists whitout full pathname?
>
> No.

:-(

> > mp3-extension expects for example:
> >
> > c:/mp3/albums/album1/song1.mp3
> > c:/mp3/albums/album1/song2.mp3
> > c:/mp3/albums/album1/song3.mp3
>
> The mp3 extention doesn't expects a full path, but a path
> relativ to the base of the mp3 source. E.g. if c:/mp3 (note that
> this isn't a valid unix path) is your mp3 source, you have to
> give albums/album1/song1.mp3 in the playlist.
>
> IMO this make sense, as the playlists are located only in the
> base directory of a source.

? OK, maybe my mp3-organisation is unusual.

My album-playlist reside in the belonging
directory where the mp3's are stored.

BTW:
When i played around with the mp3-extension
i found out that i can add all songs from
my source with one button, but i cannot add
all songs in a sub(album)directory with one
button-press. Is it like this or am i just
too blind too see the function for this?

> > but my playlists look like this:
> >
> > song1.mp3
> > song2.mp3
> > song3.mp3
>
> This works only if you all songs in the base directory.

It's a pity, so i cannot use my playlists.

Nevertheless great pice of software, thanks for your answer.

...Andreas

Home | Main Index | Thread Index