[vdr] Re: MP3/MPlayer extention 0.4.4 available

On 17 Jun 2002 <apieper@gmx.net> wrote:

>> The mp3 extention doesn't expects a full path, but a path
>> relativ to the base of the mp3 source. E.g. if c:/mp3 (note that
>> this isn't a valid unix path) is your mp3 source, you have to
>> give albums/album1/song1.mp3 in the playlist.
>>
>> IMO this make sense, as the playlists are located only in the
>> base directory of a source.
>
> ? OK, maybe my mp3-organisation is unusual.
>
> My album-playlist reside in the belonging
> directory where the mp3's are stored.

With the current code you can't even select such a playlist, as
only playlist in the base dir are displayed.

The idea was to have the playlist as shortcuts for your favorite
compilations of songs from different dirs/albums. As such
playlists tend to access songs from all over the complete source,
it's logical to keep them in the base with full path to the
songs.

If you keep your playlists scattered over all the dirs, finding
and selecting a playlist involves browsing the tree. Not fast.

I think it's more convenient to save the step of creating
playlists for albums and simply browse the tree and select the
albums dir for playback.

> my source with one button, but i cannot add
> all songs in a sub(album)directory with one
> button-press. Is it like this or am i just
> too blind too see the function for this?

Too blind, or may be bad documented.
You must not enter the directory which you want to add, but from
the parent dir, position the cursor on the dir and press red
button. This adds the dir recursivly.

> It's a pity, so i cannot use my playlists.

I simply don't understand: what is the use a playlist which is
located in a dir and only contains songs from that dir?

--
Stefan Huelswitt
huels@iname.com  | http://home.pages.de/~nathan

Home | Main Index | Thread Index