[vdr] Re: AW: Re: workaround for Rev 2.x cards

>on my beamer composite looks pretty good, canīt see any difference between
rgb and composite.
maybe there are tv-sets with low quality... mine works pretty good :)

I've got have a svideo cable and a composite cable (8m long) to my tv set. You can see a difference between composite and svideo when looking at small letters (source: dvd). You can hardly see a difference when looking to the movie itself. There's not much more quality possible with rgb instead of svideo. This is not because rgb doesn't provide a better picture but because of the capabilities of the tv sets (limitation of the video amplifiers to the cathode ray tube and the hole mask itself). Mine is a 72cm Sony, a good one. If the screen goes smaller you would see less artefacts. I think complaining about worse quality on a 32cm screen has more to do with believing as with seeing (or there is a heavy electrical adaption problem)...

Juergen

Home | Main Index | Thread Index