[vdr] Re: AW: Re: workaround for Rev 2.x cards

Hello!

Am Montag, 24. Juni 2002 10:57 schrieb Alessio Sangalli:
> news@jstriegel.de wrote:
> > Mine is a 72cm Sony, a good one. If the screen goes smaller you would see
> > less artefacts. I think complaining about worse quality on a 32cm screen
> > has more to do with believing as with seeing (or there is a heavy
> > electrical adaption problem)...
>
> why don't you use standard inches measurements for tv sets? I can't
> really imagine how big a 72cm screen is...!
>
> this is not only referred to you, but to many people... is perhaps a
> german standard way to measure screens?

It's easier for a german to imagine the size of a screen if it is specified in
cm. Since some month/years dealers/manufacturers are bound by law to specify
the screen size in cm _and_ inches. I can only imagine inches if I visuallise
a floppy disk...

Andi

--
Web:   http://www.flood-net.de/
Mail:  flood@flood-net.de

Linux SetTopBox!  http://www.flood-net.de/flood/projects/liquid/
Windows sucks, Linux rules :-)              http://srom.zgp.org/
Who needs DivX?                          telnet blinkenlights.nl

Home | Main Index | Thread Index