[vdr] building a Dummy

Hello List - hello Scriptwriters :-)

Here i still have the same situation:
 - video0-8 (no -VFAT in VDR)
 - All accessable in a SERVER via NFS
 - Samba installed

I have the idea to connect to my Videofiles with my WINx clients
trough SAMBA - but i donīt want to change anything in my Filesystem.
(no -VFAT)

So i have the idea to create a mirror of the VIdeo0 directory in a Samba-Directory
but with WINDOWS-compartible Filenames.

I made some experiments with symbolic links and yes - it works well.

What i need now is a small script wich do this things:

find /video0 -follow -name '*.vdr'

put the output of each line into a variable and create a symbolic link

ln -s `Variable1'` /mp35/links/

Now i have the problem that there yould be names of the movies in "/mp35/links/MOVIENAME/

So the Variable1 shuld be manipulated in a way that i get as output only the Moviename
For example:
/video0/Hasch#5Fmich#5Fich#5Fbin#5Fder#5FMoerder/2002-03-14.21:45.50.98.rec/001.vdr
into: Variable2=Hasch#5Fmich#5Fich#5Fbin#5Fder#5FMoerder

Ok - now we can make:
ln -s `Variable1'` /mp35/links/Variable2

And now in a loop to the end of the find results.

I know iīm not a Programmer - so please forgive me if my idea is wrong
but this is my old Pascal/Basic knowledge :-)

If anyone have a Idea  - please let me know !

Home | Main Index | Thread Index