[vdr] Re: Announce: DVBVideoLAN

Am Mon, 2002-06-24 um 18.40 schrieb Markus Winkler:
> Am Sam, 2002-06-22 um 22.50 schrieb Rene Bartsch:
> > Am Sam, 2002-06-22 um 20.07 schrieb DOm:

> > > I think dvbvideolan streams "ts" stuff, and mplayer, AFAIR, cannot play
> > > "ts" _directly_.
> > > Correct me if i'm wrong, PLEASE.
> > >
> > > I tried ddvbstream too, and if i launch the program with the "-ps"
> > > option,(vanilla) mplayer works well on the client side; if i omit the
> > > "-ps" option mplayer require a filter like ts2ps or a little patch to
> > > play the stream correctly.
> > >
> > > If dvbvideolan will stream "ps" ( in future version ), then
> > > plain-unpatched mplayer will read it flawlessly.
> > >

> > dvbstream puts a TS on air. But dvbvideolan puts the output of VDR on
> > air (not the TS from the cards I think ...?), which is MPEG-PES and can
> > be handled by Mplayer.
> you're correct. the current version of my patch streams just the data as
> it would be written to disk if you record something.
> but i think, i should give streaming of a ts a try :-)

On the one hand it's a good idea to have the complete TS available on
network, but the problem is there a very few player who can handle TS.
So PS ahould also be available ...

My intention is to have a web-interface at VDR where all channels with
EPG-info and recordings and DVD/SVCD-options are listed by links and
when you click a link it's content will be streamed by rtp with the
Mime-Type. So the browser would automatically call the right player.

It should also be more abstract from hardware (based on the plug-in-API)
to allow multi-user-access instead of being bond to a special card.

Rene

Home | Main Index | Thread Index